Nicknamed “The Chivalrous Ones,” Jordan has been drawn into a challenging World Cup group alongside defending champions Argentina, Algeria, and Austria.
Reports also indicate that Iran is exploring a March fixture against the three-time African champions, while a potential June clash with Portugal is under consideration.
However, Nigeria’s participation in the game will depend on FIFA’s upcoming ruling on the country’s eligibility protest against the Democratic Republic of Congo (DR Congo).
Correspondents
reports that FIFA is scheduled to review Nigeria’s petition on Monday (today), which alleges that DR Congo fielded six ineligible players during last year’s 2026 World Cup African play-offs.
Nigeria lost on penalties to DR Congo in Morocco, marking the second consecutive time the West African country will not qualify for the World Cup.

Nigerian Super Eagles
The outcome of the FIFA meeting could potentially reinstate the Super Eagles into the intercontinental play-offs in Mexico later this month, where one of the last World Cup tickets will be decided.
With both Nigeria and DR Congo reportedly prepared to appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport if dissatisfied, world football’s governing body is said to be treating the file with exceptional caution to avoid reputational damage.
However, Nigeria’s participation in the game will depend on FIFA’s upcoming ruling on the country’s eligibility protest against the Democratic Republic of Congo (DR Congo).
PUNCH Online reports that FIFA is scheduled to review Nigeria’s petition on Monday (today), which alleges that DR Congo fielded six ineligible players during last year’s 2026 World Cup African play-offs.
Nigeria lost on penalties to DR Congo in Morocco, marking the second consecutive time the West African country will not qualify for the World Cup.
The outcome of the FIFA meeting could potentially reinstate the Super Eagles into the intercontinental play-offs in Mexico later this month, where one of the last World Cup tickets will be decided.
With both Nigeria and DR Congo reportedly prepared to appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport if dissatisfied, world football’s governing body is said to be treating the file with exceptional caution to avoid reputational damage.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.
Contact: theeditor@punchng.com